Saturday, April 18, 2015

Weekend: Best of the blogs

It's been a busy week here at Organized and Simplified, but on the blog and in my life. This week, our school held its annual carnival and BBQ supper. It made for a long day, but getting to interact and have fun with my students and co-workers made it all worth it. This week, on Organized and Simplified, I shared a simple but cute spring table, with some super-cute DIY fabric napkins. 


I also shared a recipe for apple cinnamon muffins and one for easy hamburger steak. 



I also shared a certain sweet little girl's Easter pictures, although it was a little late. 


Finally, I also shared my recent thrift store finds, including this gorgeous mini pitcher and bowl wash set. 
In addition to writing a blog, I also read several of them as well. Here are, in my humble opinion, the best posts of the blogosphere this week:


1. I absolutely love I Heart Organizing, which is owned by a cute lady and mother of three named Jen Jones. She is so creative and smart!  This week a guest blogger wrote about bedside organizing when you occasionally work from your bed. Great ideas and also a super cute workspace! I think I might borrow her calendar art idea. She also shares organizational uses for things like bathroom tumblers.

2. Decor to Adore is owned by a Texas blogger, who has actually become a friend of mine. She is a Christian lady and is just a very sweet person. She has amazing taste and is extremely talented. This week, you should see what she did to this darling French hutch she has. I absolutely love it! 
Decor To Adore French Hutch 020

3. Inspired By Charm is owned by a talented man named Michael Wurm, Jr. His house is absolutely amazing and I never get tired of checking out his blog. Plus, he has some really pretty cats who regularly make an appearance. This week, he posted his spring house tour and it was awesome. 

Spring Home Tour | Inspired by Charm

4. Everybody knows I love farmhouses and farmhouse style. It's no surprise that Stonegable is one of my favorite blogs. Yvonne has a beautiful farmhouse and posts some amazing decorating ideas. This week, she posted a gorgeous re-do of her powder room.  
FARMHOUSE POWDER ROOM REVEAL- A simple white farmhouse bathroom-stonegableblog.com

5. And finally, The Fancy Farmgirls are two sisters who frequently re-do furniture pieces. They are incredibly talented and everything they post makes me want to head to the flea market, find some dated or chippy furniture, pick up a paint brush, and get to work! This week, they posted a reveal of a supercute little girl's room. 


I hope you check out these blogs and enjoy them. This is by no means all of my favorites; there are plenty more. That's all for this week, folks. Join us on Monday to see what I am up to this weekend. 



No comments:

Post a Comment