Friday, April 17, 2015

Spring: Decorating a spring table



I have already posted my spring house tour, but I recently got bored with my dining room tablescape and decided to take a different approach. But first, let me preface this post by saying that I am still shopping for new dining room furniture. We have been here almost two years now and I still have not bought a table and china cabinet. We just can't seem to agree on one we want.

I didn't want to do anything too elaborate, since we have to clear off the table to eat here. I chose to use the water carafe I bought last week at the thrift store as a vase for a pretty yellow, green and orange floral arrangement. These same colors are in the spring dishes. I didn't have any spring-colored napkins, and for some reason, I cannot find my white ones. I used these textured placemats to add some, well, texture.

I had some pretty green polka dot fabric left over from a baby blanket I once made for my daughter. I cut the fabric into 24"X24" pieces, folded them over, and sewed them into some super cute napkins. They look so cute with the dishes. I have to confess, though- the ends are folded under, because I haven't finished sewing the edges :)

Mason jars with battery operated votives complete the look.

I love this simple, cute spring tablescape. What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment