Saturday, September 13, 2014

Falling for fall

I really love fall. It's my absolute favorite time of year. Since school has started back, I'm struggling to fall back into my routine, so I'm embarrassed to admit my normally well-kept home has been a bit neglected. I'm working on  it. So, today on this rainy Saturday, this girl is not only doing some much needed cleaning, but also getting my fall on. I will be posting my home tour very soon.

Most of my fall decor has stemmed from magazine spreads and of course, Pinterest. I'll share some of my favorite links, since I am still prepping my house.





I love subway art. I have found two very pretty, very versatile fall subway art prints on Pinterest.

I love this one, because it contains all of my favorite things about fall :)

I always appreciate a great fall tablescape. 
Fun Halloween & Fall Decorating Ideas_04

I want to do this so bad I can't stand it! I think you could build that box and then use it for a variety of seasons and holidays! You could do evergreens or poinsettias for Christmas, boxwoods for spring.... I would choose a burlap runner for the table, though. 

Build a long wood box, stain, and add spanish moss, pumpkins, pinecones, candles, etc. This is beautiful

I don't have a mantle yet, but maybe we will install that gas log fireplace next year, and I can do this:

Orchard Girls: Top 12 Fall Decorating Ideas  definitely will have a fireplace in the house we buy. :)
These fall candle holders are effortless and inexpensive to make. I love them! 

Did these myself...  I absolutely LOVE them!!!  Add rustic beauty to your mantle with twig candle holders. This DIY project is simple and natural, using just a flat candle holder (check thrift stores!), garden pruners, craft adhesive and dry tree or shrub branches of your choosing. The same concept could be used on vases or other decorative items.    you could make sparkly ones too.

Fall Centerpeice

I have some of these lanterns hanging around, left over from our wedding 5 1/2 years ago. I could do this! 
homemade halloween decorations and thanksgiving centerpiece ideas

And, of course, a front porch to die for. My own front porch leaves a lot to be desired right now, so this picture causes me to have some serious envy. 

Autumn Decor Ideas #crafts #DIY #fall #autumn #holidays

I will see you soon for my very own fall home tour! I can't wait to finish it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment