Sunday, October 18, 2015

Getting to Know You!

15 random facts about me...just for fun.



The basics, that you probably already know: I spent most of my life living in the country and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I'm a Christian who is working on getting her life back on track after a period of stumbling blindly/backsliding. I'm a wife for almost seven years now, a mother of one four year old girl, and am five weeks away from our due date- it's another girl. We also have a yellow labrador mix named Bear and a tortoiseshell cat named Annie Sue (yes, after Annie Oakley).

And now for the random facts :)

15. I once bragged to my now husband, then acquaintance, that I never burned food when I cook. The first time I cooked for him, I made chicken on the grill. Guess what happened?
14 When we found out our four year old was a girl, I was initially worried, since I had grown up in a family full of boys. I knew nothing about girls! It didn't take long to realize that I wouldn't have it any other way.
13. When we learned that our youngest daughter (not yet born) was a girl, we both admitted we'd secretly wanted another girl all along.
12. I  am a teacher, but if I could quit tomorrow and be a farmer, I'd do it without a thought.
11. I love to garden! There is something about growing your own veggies that just makes them taste better.
10. I don't wear make up in the summer, except to church. It is so hot here in NC in the summer that I often feel like there is no point.
09. Ree Drummond, AKA The Pioneer Woman, is my spirit animal. LOL No, all kidding aside, if I could hang out with her for just a day, I bet we'd have a blast.
08. I love cleaning and organizing, but I do not love doing the laundry.
07. I am always jealous of people who can draw, sing or play an instrument. I can do none of those things and I really wish I could.
06. I have started writing a book several times but have never finished it. Maybe someday.
05. I love to read but don't often have time to read- so I make a book list and try to work my way through it in the summer.
04.  I don't care if people know my age or weight. I am not self conscious about either one of those things.
03. I love running, and I cannot wait until the doctor clears me to start running again.
02. I once was put on stage to sing in church as a kid. I froze and stood there like a deer in the headlights. I still hate being in front of others.
01. I adopted my cat from a shelter and my dog was rescued from a former smart alleck of a neighbor who took great joy in telling me he was taking him to the pound. I confiscated and kept him :)

No comments:

Post a Comment