Sunday, August 16, 2015

Sunday Musings: Come to me and I will give you rest.

Lately, I've been praying a lot about finding a way to use my writing talents to honor God. I knew I wanted to do this, but I wasn't sure how. Then, one day, the Lord reminded me that I have this blog and I should certainly include Him in something that is such a big part of my life. After all, didn't He give me this house? Didn't he give me my family? 

Today I'm going to talk a bit about the verses Matthew 11:28-30. 


I started off my week this week with these verses. They appeared in a devotional I read Monday morning about feeling overwhelmed as a mother. I don't know about you guys, but I often feel anxious and overwhelmed, even when the things I'm worried about aren't big things. 

Some of the things worrying me lately are money (isn't it always?), going back to school, where to send my child to school next fall, whether everything is OK with our baby...and the list goes on and on. Worry is certainly an area where I struggle, and I've been praying about it a lot. I know that it goes without saying that I should just trust in God and know he'll take care of all mine and my family's needs. We won't have everything we want, and that's OK. We will have what we need. 

Christians go through struggles- God never said just because you're a Christian, life will be easy and the trials will be fewer. He did say this: 


Just because you're a Christian doesn't mean you won't face hardships, but it does mean you won't go through them alone. The Lord is walking with you and he will never leave your side. I don't know what tomorrow holds for me, but I know God and he knows. He also knows what's best for me even though I sometimes question His plan. 

I've been through many trials and while a lot of them hurt and a lot of them I didn't understand, I can safely say there has been a lesson in each of them. In almost every case, I've been able to see the good that came out of them and know that God knew all along what he was doing. 

Yes, Christian, sometimes our road is rocky. This is when we have to remember that God knows what he is doing- he didn't put those rocks in our path so we'd stumble, he put them in our path so he could help us across them. 

Later this week, I'll be sharing my testimony. This has been a difficult thing for me to do- not because I am embarrassed or ashamed, but because it is hard to be that transparent. It is my hope that someone who is enduring similar circumstances will read it and know that they too will emerge from the trial with the Lord's help. 

Thanks for reading :) Happy Sunday. I hope you enjoy your week.

Linking to StonegableWorthing CourtCedar Hill FarmhouseConfessions of a Plate Addict, and French Country Cottage!

No comments:

Post a Comment