Thursday, August 20, 2015

2015 school year: a tour of my classroom

It's that time again... school started last Friday for teachers in my district, and will start on Monday for my students. I can't believe how quickly summer passed, but it was a good summer, and we're certainly looking forward to the fall. My classroom didn't change a lot from last fall, and since many of the organizational tactics I used last year worked well for me, I decided to re-use some of those ideas.

Just like last year, labeled bins and baskets, as well as drawer organizers keep things easily available.


I also was able to get two shelves this year to put in my room. One will be used to store students' writers' notebooks, and one in my office area so I can store my binders and materials.

I also created two command centers, one for me to be a more effective teacher, and one to help the students be more effective. 


I also sectioned off my board to include the date, learning target, standards, agenda for the day, and homework. 

I hope you enjoyed my classroom tour- stay tuned for more classroom organization soon! 


Linking to StonegableWorthing CourtCedar Hill FarmhouseConfessions of a Plate Addict, and French Country Cottage!


No comments:

Post a Comment