Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Spring decorating



I love spring time. I love how everything comes back to life after a bare, bleak winter. I love seeing all the new baby animals and watching the trees and flowers begin to bloom. 

Since I can't live outside, I like to bring as much of that brightness and liveliness into my home by decorating for spring. Last year, I decorated more with the holidays, but this year, I wanted something that would last through St. Patrick's Day and Easter, and carry us on into summer. 

As always, I love natural elements. You'll see lots of fresh flowers, blooming branches, birds' nests, and white glass animals. Nothing overly Easter, and definitely decor that can stick around for awhile.

First and foremost, the kiddo does lots of fun and colorful spring themed crafts, and we even hang a few in her playroom. Here are the birds we made from her footprint. You may recognize them from this post. 


This is my entry way, right now. I am looking for a grapevine or boxwood wreath to put on the mirror.



Here we have a collection of ceramic rabbits, classic literature, and a rabbit print.

Some flowering branches from the yard, a bird's nest with some colorful eggs, and an apothecary jar containing a nest and a white ceramic bird. 


In my kitchen, I basically shopped other areas of my house. The tray and grainsack print already live in my kitchen.  I stashed some lemons in one of my makeshift apothecary jars, and then I parked one of my bird nests and a book on this tray.

Remember the "antique" tool box I defaced? Turns out it looks really cool with some mason jars and tulips in it. It's brightening up our table right now.




This pass through in my dining room is the closest thing I currently have to a mantle. It contains a galvanized bucket I found in my aunt's basement. I popped some faux hydrangeas in it. I also used another bird's nest with colorful eggs, a ceramic bird on nest under a cloche, and some flowering branches. The botanical print in the gilded frame? That's a dollar store frame and a print from The Graphics Fairy! 


Hope you enjoyed the spring decor. I'm not quite done with it, but will be soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment