Monday, February 16, 2015

Simplified cooking: Easy Taco Soup

Lately, as the weather is getting colder, I am on a quest to find delicious soups I can make that will also make more than one meal and are not expensive to prepare. I've never made taco soup before, but a local restaurant makes an amazing taco soup. I decided to attempt to make a copy cat version.

 The most expensive part of this meal was the ground beef, at $5.29 for 1.2 pounds. The Ro-tell and Dell Monte diced tomatoes were each $.97, and the taco seasoning and ranch packets were about $1. I paid $.92 for the pintos, kidney beans, black beans and corn because I bought store brand.




This meal made almost an entire stock pot full, and there was enough for two meals for two people. I'm definitely going to make it again.

If you right click on the recipe, you can save a copy to your computer and print off the recipe card.


By the way, you really should check out THE SCOOP #158 link party!

No comments:

Post a Comment