Saturday, November 15, 2014

Falling into Home: 2014 Home Tour




A few weeks ago, I posted our fall home tour. I have since done some updating, and while there are things I would do differently next year, I am pretty pleased with how it turned out. One thing I love about my fall home decor is the fact that there are so many natural elements. There are plenty of real pumpkins, gourds, pine cones, acorns and burlap. I just wish I had incorporated more florals and fall leaves.

We kept our outdoor decor simple this year. I wanted some mums, but I could never seem to catch them on sale, or when I did catch them on sale, they didn't look like anything I wanted. Now it is getting colder here and I know they won't last long if I do buy them. Next year, I'd like to have a little more fall decor outside.





I would definitely say the living room and dining room are where you'll find the bulk of our fall decorating.

We have a small sofa table inside the door. We have two real pumpkins (one big one and one little one) and a ceramic pumpkin with a "B" on it, which was a present from my mother-in-law not long after we were married. I love this thing and I use it every year! The "autumn blessings" sign was picked up at Joann Fabrics during one of their sales last year.




I also found these great resin pumpkins at a dollar store, which I scattered around the house. Here is one atop my book vignette on our end table.


I also recently bought some seagrass pears from a mail order company and they are on our other end table.


Dining room:
Our dining room is quite full of fall decor. We haven't found a new dining room table or china cabinet yet, so we are still rocking the two-small table and my wedding china is still at my in-law's house. I have so many pumpkins everywhere, that I decided to just go with something different and use apples to decorate. I also have a bit of an obsession with gold and brass (shoutout to Michael Wurm, Jr. at Inspired by Charm! ) so I used gold charger plates and my brass candlesticks I picked up while in college.





We don't have a mantle anymore, so the window between the dining room and playroom will have to suffice. Don't you love how well my grandmother's milk glass looks with the burlap and the gourds?







Kitchen:
The kitchen is small and there isn't much counter space. I love subway art, so I made good use of this corner with some fall-themed subway art and a sunflower arrangement.




The sink window formerly held three pumpkins, which I liked, but there wasn't enough variety. I got these glass candleholders and some vase filler (acorns, leaves and pine cones), and then brought in more faux apples to echo the apple tablescape in our dining room.





Guest bathroom:
Some fall art and a small glass pumpkin decorate the guest bath for fall without taking up too much space on the counter top. I also have a fall themed fingertip towel.

Office:
Those glass pumpkins truly are everywhere! Here are several of them in the office.





Playroom:
My daughter has these three painted, re-purposed frames that use I display her art work. She made these three fall themed crafts at preschool and I thought they'd fit into our fall house tour perfectly.



Here is the back porch:
Next year, I would like to do fall pillows in the rocking chairs in either orange or red, and gold chargers with red plates for the table. 







No comments:

Post a Comment