Saturday, July 19, 2014

Common Sense Cleaning: Cleaning with Kids


Welcome to my final installment of Common Sense Cleaning. Thank your bearing with me- I've enjoyed sharing my cleaning tips. You've patiently read along as I discussed cleaning all the living spaces in my home, both inside and out. I thank you for that. At times, I felt like I was repeating myself and I hope I didn't bore you too badly. 



My final installment of Common Sense Cleaning pertains to cleaning with kids. No, I don't mean using your kids as cleaning sponges :). I mean involving them in your house cleaning. 

Here is an age appropriate list of chores for kids. My own daughter is three and she helps dust, put things away and sweeps. 

Age Appropriate Chores for Kids: Printable

Inspired by Pinterest, I put a cleaning supply kit together for my kiddo. I'm going to put her name on the bucket, add some mild cleaner (maybe Meyer's Clean Day for kids) and add a little apron and gloves. 
The microfiber towel, bucket and ladybug brush were Dollar Tree finds, while the hand broom is from Ikea.  

I saw this cleaning supply kit for kids on Pinterest. 
Cleaning with Kids...Cleaning kit to get them involved!

And this one as well:
Miss Poppins: Chore Ideas
Source: [Miss Poppins]

Find some way to make cleaning fun. Luckily, for me, my kiddo loves cleaning (wonder where she gets that?) so I don't have to push too hard to get her to help :). 

How do you involve your family in the cleaning process?


No comments:

Post a Comment