Sunday, July 20, 2014

Impromptu projects: my office book cases

Do you ever get bored and just decide to tackle something in your home? It could be a decorating project, a building task, or just re-arranging a room. I did just that yesterday.

The book cases in my office have been bugging me lately- they seemed so cluttered and boring. I took everything off of them and started from scratch. I cruised Pinterest for ideas and found the lovely bookcases of two blogs I read on my Bloglovin' feed- Thrifty Decor Chick and Centsational Girl. Granted, my finished product looks nowhere near as fantastic as their finished products, but I do think they look less boring and cluttered than they did before.

Here is my before shot:
Yes, I know. It could definitely be worse.





Here is the after shot:

 I used pottery, botanical prints I printed from the internet, and a collection of photos we already had. It didn't cost me a dime, and that's the best part. 
I'm still not 100% satisfied. I want to paint the shelf backs, but I'm not sure what color.The shelves still need something, but what? Any suggestions?


No comments:

Post a Comment