Tuesday, October 13, 2015

DIY gift ideas: Homemade Hand Scrub

Today, I'm taking a break from my typical recipe post to bring you a different kind of recipe. A recipe for a DIY gift idea: Homemade hand scrub!

This is by no means an original idea. I've seen this all over Pinterest, and I've even received a few jars of this from students as a gift. We are actually now making a few jars of this not only for ourselves, but for teachers and some of the women in our family. 

First, you will need a small container. We have found that small Mason jars work the best.


Next, fill your jars 2/3 of the way full of Sugar in the Raw. You can find this at any grocery store. 

Then, fill the jar 1/3 full of Dawn Hand Renewal Dish Soap. Stir well. 

You want the consistency at this point to be wet but not runny. You may have to add in more sugar/hand soap until the consistency looks like a thick cream. 

This is super cheap and easy to make, and it smells soooo wonderful!! It also makes your hands feel so good.


I hope you enjoyed this recipe! Now, I'm going to go make some more hand soap. As you can see, I've still got some jars to fill :)

Linking to StonegableWorthing CourtCedar Hill FarmhouseConfessions of a Plate Addict, and French Country Cottage!



No comments:

Post a Comment