Friday, September 18, 2015

DIY Fridays: Making over thrift store goodies

I guess by now you must have figured out that I like thrift stores and antique stores. There are two local stores that I like to drop into at least once a month.

One month, when I went to the thrift store, I hit pay dirt. I came away with several vintage mason jars and a Christmas planter that I really didn't like the pattern, but I really liked the shape. It was only $4 and I felt like it could probably be spray painted.

Another thing I noticed is that the planter originated from Teleflora, so someone probably received some Christmas flowers in it at some point. There was also no hole on the bottom for drainage. A ceramic drill bit solved that problem. 
Tomorrow I will show you what I did with this "planter." I'm really loving the look of it now and I bet you will too. 

Linking to StonegableWorthing CourtCedar Hill FarmhouseConfessions of a Plate Addict, and French Country Cottage!

No comments:

Post a Comment