Friday, August 14, 2015

Farmhouse style at Ikea!

Yesterday, my parents, daughter and I decided since I go back to work on Friday (a.k.a today), we should have one last fun day. We decided to make the 2 1/2 hour trip to the Charlotte area for a little Ikea shopping and some outlet shopping at Concord Mills. My beautiful girl needed a few winter clothes and my sweet baby girl did, too.

As you well know, I love old farmhouses, but lacking the funds to buy one and renovate it, we chose to buy a new home and decorate it like a farmhouse. Ikea had some great finds that can definitely fit into the "farmhouse style" category.



First of all, how bad did I want to put this entire kitchen in my cart and bring it home?
Glass front lighted cabinets, subway tile backsplash, white cabinets....


Here's the catalog picture. The only thing I'd do differently is an apron sink and hardwood floor.

A large white kitchen with a lot of drawers, wall cabinets and a kitchen island.

What else did I find to crush on? Well, there was this chair:
That's the Jennylund Ektorp chair for $249.00 in sagmyra gray checked. Here's a better shot:
EKTORP JENNYLUND Chair IKEA A range of coordinated covers makes it easy for you to give your furniture a new look.
Then, I found these guys:
SOCKER Watering can IKEA Galvanized for rust resistance.
Socker watering can, $5.99

SOCKER Plant pot IKEA Galvanized for rust resistance.
Socker plant pot, $1.99
SOCKERÄRT Vase IKEA Can also be used as a pitcher. Approved for use with food.
Sockerart vase, $14.99 (comes in a smaller size as well)

I'm not looking for any end tables right now, but if I were, here's what I'd get: 
HEMNES Coffee table IKEA Solid wood has a natural feel.
This is the Hemnes coffee table, for $139. I'd stain it dark. 

And I loved these butterfly prints:
PJÄTTERYD Picture IKEA Motif created by Maria Mendez.


I hope you all enjoyed my picks. There was a lot of nice glassware and some linens I'd buy as well. What are your current Ikea favorites?

Linking to StonegableWorthing CourtCedar Hill FarmhouseConfessions of a Plate Addict, and French Country Cottage!

No comments:

Post a Comment