Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Saving money: Cooking at home

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
We usually have a garden each year, but we don't have one this summer, as my husband would have to care for the garden by himself. I'm pregnant and I've passed the point where I can bend down easily. I surely miss our garden though. Thankfully, there is still the farmer's market and some of our family members with gardens have generously passed some goodies our way. We eat a lot of fresh produce for dinner all summer long.

Last night, our dinner table looked like this:

That would be fresh corn on the cob, cucumbers, tomatoes and peaches from my father-in-law, fried squash from my parents' neighbors, and watermelon and cantaloupe from the farmer's market. The entire meal cost right around $5 and it was delicious. 

If you have the room for a garden, this can save tremendously on your grocery bill. Plus, the taste of the food is amazing. 

Come back tomorrow for a tasty zucchini recipe.

Linking to StonegableWorthing CourtCedar Hill FarmhouseConfessions of a Plate Addict, and French Country Cottage!

No comments:

Post a Comment