Thursday, July 30, 2015

DIY Fridays: Nursery table and lamp

Hi all! Due to the link party posting tomorrow, I am posting my DIY Friday one day early.

As you know, the husband and I have been feverishly working on our baby girl's nursery. Although she'll be arriving in November, I am going back to work in two weeks and we are trying to get it finished before I go back. So far, we've painted, bought bedding, bought (but not hung) art for the walls, and unpacked and put away all the baby clothes and gear. Last week, my super handy daddy came over and built a closet organizer shelf for her closet.

That being said, I found a very cute black turned leg end table at Homegoods. It was on sale and appeared to be well-made.


 The nursery furniture is all white and the table was black, so I figured I could paint it and make it match.  I put three coats of semi gloss white paint onto the table, and I'm pretty happy with the end result.



I also spray painted a cheap bronze lamp, and wrapped the lamp shade in some Victorian lace. It looks so sweet sitting on the end table. Now, if we could just find a chair to go beside the table...

All in all, this was not a costly DIY. The lamp and shade cost $4, the spray paint we already had, so it was free, and the lace cost $12. I got an original, one-of-a-kind lamp that fits our shabby chic theme for less than $20. Not bad.

The table cost $60 dollars, and we already had the paint and brushes. If I had to speculate, I'd say the paint, which was left over from the closet organizer, cost about $8 a can. We didn't even use a fourth of the can painting the table.

I'm pretty pleased with this cute little corner, and I can't wait to show you the rest of the room when it's finished. Stay tuned!


Linking to Skip to My LouStonegableWorthing CourtCedar Hill FarmhouseConfessions of a Plate Addict, and French Country Cottage!

No comments:

Post a Comment