Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Recipes: Green beans

This is not really a recipe- think of it more as a serving suggestion. I really like green beans, but if they aren't seasoned properly, they are tasteless. My grandmother makes wonderful green beans, and I thought I'd try to replicate hers. I didn't cook mine exactly like hers, but they still tasted great.

You can do this with garden-fresh green beans, or you can use canned beans like I did. These are The Allens brand Italian-cut green beans. I do not know what it is about these, but to me, they almost taste home-canned.
I chose to put them in a small sauce pan and drain about half of the water off of them. I then added a beef bullion cube and 2 teaspoons of brown sugar. I brought the beans and mixture to a boil and then served them. I did not drain the beans after cooking them; I simply spooned them out with a slatted spoon.  I absolutely loved the flavor!
Next time someone in your house wants to eat green beans for dinner, you should try them like this. It tasted great and I'll definitely fix them this way again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment