Saturday, November 22, 2014

Creative Christmas Wrapping Ideas

The Boone family has gone viral. Literally. All three of us has come down with some sort of respiratory virus, which includes a high fever, a bad cough, and a head that feels like it's stuffed with cotton.

In fact, we were supposed to be headed to a birthday party today and to my grandmother's house to celebrate my dad and uncle's birthdays. Instead, we are at home trying to recover. Blessedly, the fevers are gone, but the cotton-head feeling remains.

Since we're a little puny, the house projects are currently at a stand-still until we are feeling better. That didn't stop me from planning for Christmas. What better to do when you're stuck in the house, with no energy and need to rest?

One thing I really want to do differently this year is put a little more creativity into my Christmas gift wrapping. Usually, I just buy whatever wrapping paper looks the best with my tree and go from there. I have found some very cute ideas on Pinterest this year and I can't wait to try them out :)




1. Four Corners Design: Really unique and interesting ideas for wrapping gifts. She actually even uses an old map and some old fabric for a bow!
2. Dishfunctional Designs: She has some great ideas, including using old sheet music, using photographs, floral sprigs and chalkboard paper. Lots of great ideas here!!
photos instead of gift tags / Disfunctional Design

This lady uses vintage buttons and boxwood to decorate her Christmas packages. Plus, her home looks like something out of a magazine. 
RedandGreenGiftWrap thumb Gift Wrap Ideas: Buttons & Boxwood
4. Vitamin-Ha: 14 DIY Gift Wrap Ideas 
Lots of goodies here, including DIY tags made from old photos, and a tutorial for making your own polka-dot wrapping paper. 

I can't wait to show you which idea I come up with- but I can promise, it's going to be fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment