Saturday, November 28, 2015

Of maternity leave and toilet plungers

As most of you know, we just had a baby.
[Hillary Graves Photography]

She is now three weeks old, and I took about four weeks off from blogging. I wanted to tell you I am back now and will resume a normal schedule.  Today we are decorating for Christmas, and boy, has it been fun!



But first, a funny story...that may or may not be TMI.

Someone in our house clogged the toilet. 

After calling out for the husband to bring a plunger, we realized we didn't have one. Even though we always have.  Where it went, I don't know. 

A short time later, my hubby amateur plumber called from the hardware store. 

"Can you look at the toilet and see what the flush capacity is?"

I told him I'd be happy to, but at that moment, I was nursing. 

"Why do you need to know?" I asked.

He then told me that he was shopping plungers and needed to make sure the one he was buying was appropriate for our toilet. 

Huh? I hadn't ever realized there were varying degrees of toilet plungers. I thought they were pretty much "one model fits all...." that you just went to the store, bought a plunger, and then came home and well, plunged. 

Clearly, I have a lot to learn. By the way, it's called a magic plunger and apparently, you can use it to unclog sinks as well. Who knew? I'm not sure how it stacks up to regular plungers, but it got the job done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment