Thursday, November 5, 2015

Making the old things new

I haven't had much luck lately at the thrift stores. In fact, my most recent thrift store tripIs have been a giant bust. I did have some luck in a really unlikely place this weekend- my mama's garage.

This is unlikely because my mom and dad have a garage that is fairly neat and organized- it's way more organized than mine, for sure! It's just not likely that my mom would have things in her garage that she doesn't use.

A friend of ours had recently given her a really cool lantern, but she really didn't know yet where she wanted it.


I took one look at it and thought about how it had a neat shape about it, but that the floral swag attached to it really didn't match anything I had. I took a closer look and realized that the floral pieces were attached with zip ties. 


Needless to say, I brought it home and took some scissors to those zip ties. It only took me about two minutes to chop those guys off and then I was left with this:


I really like the shape of this candleholder. I am thinking of putting something at the top- something simple, like a burlap bow. I have this sitting by our TV cabinet at the moment, but that is not its permanent spot. It would look great on a fireplace hearth (which we don't have) (#firstworldproblems) or maybe even paired with other lanterns. 

The possibilities are kind of endless. Can't wait to show you what I do with it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment