Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Recipe: Apple spice cake

I have always wanted to make an apple spice cake, but I've never tried. I have several family members who can make an apple spice cake, and I've always found it to be the perfect fall recipe. It tastes wonderful with coffee, and it will make your house smell amazing!


As always, I like to use recipes that only use pantry staples. Most commercially printed cookbooks these days contain recipes with hard to find ingredients and I have a hard time being able to buy all the ingredients. This is why I love church cookbooks and old cookbooks :)

The only thing I changed was not using the walnuts. I have some friends who are allergic to tree nuts and wouldn't be able to enjoy this recipe. I also used an 8x8 nonstick pan instead of a bundt pan. You can also make muffins with this. The top of the cake is just brown sugar and cinnamon.

Here is the recipe for apple spice cake. I hope you enjoy it! As always, right click the card to save to your computer. For best results, change your paper size to 5x7 and print on an index card.


No comments:

Post a Comment