Monday, February 23, 2015

"Antique" tool bin

Most of us can't afford a lot of real antiques. This leaves us no choice but to get creative, and get creative we shall.

I recently found these cute toolboxes in the "outdoor" section of a local dollar store. Two of them came home with me.



Cute, except for the corny label. I laid a wet dishcloth across the label, let it soak for a bit, and promptly dug out a putty knife and scraped that label off. I even got this neat "chippy" look after I scraped off the label. 


I plan on adding a decal of some sort to it, maybe the word "TOOLS" or something. I'm not really sure where or how I'm going to use it. 

Here are a few ideas from around the web: 

Use it for seasonal decorating: 

[source]

[source]

Use it in the kitchen to hold cutlery: 

[source]

Use it to display  flowers: 
[source]





I don't know which one of these ideas I'll go with, but I can assure you, it will be one of these I just mentioned. You'll have to check back to find out.

Check out The Scoop's link party :) And while you're at it, you should go ahead and check out TheScoop every week. So many pretty things and good ideas :)







No comments:

Post a Comment